Riverside Woman’s Club (RWC) is the oldest community service organization in Riverside. It was founded on January 7, 1896, with eleven members. Over the years, the membership grew and built its current clubhouse on 10th and Brockton in 1922.
In addition to self-improvement classes, RWC also became involved in civic endeavors. RWC was instrumental in establishing the Riverside Carnegie Library, Riverside Community Library, Riverside Community Hospital, Riverside Community Players, and the local chapters of the Red Cross, the Epilepsy Society, and the YMCA. RWC joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs in November 1897 and was a charter member of the California Federation of Women’s Clubs in January 1900.
While the RWC has strong roots, our focus is on the future, illustrated by our scholarship grants to high school seniors, RCC nursing and arts/music students. We also support UCR medical students with our Doctor’s Corner project which allows an opportunity for medical interns to present women’s health topics to the public.
We do over a hundred projects every year to better the lives of people in our community and all over the world. We encourage citizenship, crime prevention, support of the arts, and contribute to international understanding. We’re a busy, friendly group and we always have something interesting going on. You should come check us out!
Presidents: Robbie Kennedy
1st Vice President: Erin Snyder
2nd Vice President: Pat Reed
3rd Vice President: Margaret Van Hove
Recording Secretary: Darleen Demason
Treasurer: Pam Smith
Financial Secretary: Dulcea Sawhill
Parliamentarian: Jennifer Nickel
Auditor: Teri Lippert